Awake Again
Well, here we are again, 2:30 am. I have to say you're not the worst. If I'm stuck awake, it means I'm not even tired, so I can't say I hate it. I do get a little bored.
It confuses the dogs that I'm not in bed. They keep coming downstairs to check on me, going outside to make sure everything's ok in the yard, and groggily shuffling back to bed, clearly irritated that I have extended their watch shifts into the night.
Since I decided I was tired of tossing in bed, I've searched:
"Best rose bushes for cutting"
"how to buy the best rose bushes for cutting"
"Western Gardens"
"Making pillar candles"
"Pillar candle molds"
"Bulk wax"
"Scenting wax"
"Candle fireplace display"
"Spanish-style homes"
"Baby-room decor"
"Decorating with antique ski gear"
and
"Killer calf workout"
So, there you have it. When I'm done gathering the information I need to know how to make my living space nicer in as cheap a way as possible, I look at one thing about getting great-looking calves, get tired, and start typing instead.
Before I came down to kill some time online, I went into G's room and watched her sleep. ...for about 31 seconds before I was afraid I'd wake her by standing there, leaning on her crib. She was tossing so much (its hot) I thought she'd wake up and be freaked out by me just standing there in the dark. She's so perfect and so beautiful I'm at that place where I don't know how I'm going to be able to love another one as much. I know everyone says that though, so, don't worry Russ. We've got you covered, love-wise. It'll all work out.
I decided on an graduation announcement and I'm over the frustration from my last post. Even though, I looked back at it and the one I designed is AWESOME. The one I ordered is cool, in a way that I couldn't have come up with on my own. And by that I mean that I couldn't have thought up yellow and grey together, but really liked it when someone else did.
I'm on the committee for Miss Sandy, of the Miss America Organization, and the pageant in a week from Saturday. Its going to be really fun to see all my little lady friends go on stage and finally do all that we've been preparing. I'm the assistant judges chair-- I get to sit in on the interviews that the contestants have with the judges before the show-- so I get a unique perspective on the outcomes. That being said though, I still NEVER know who's going to win. This is not some virtue of the judging process; it is my total and complete pageant dyslexia. I don't see things right when I watch a pageant. I am so biased toward a good singer or someone with a fantastic walk that I ignore the total vision and am shocked by whoever ends up in the top 3. I end up liking everybody by pageant time (except the ones that spend a bunch of money trying to look like Barbie and not working on a platform, but they never win anyway) so I just assume my closest buddy will take it all, and have been surprised every time.
I'm excited to see how everyone does, because we have a pretty amazing group this year.
I feel bad about what happened to Miss Utah at Miss USA on Sunday, but I'm glad for her that she has gotten to do so much awesome stuff (be on a bunch of HUGE tv shows) as a result of making a classic pageant blunder: letting your nerves take over, and forgetting the question before you finish your answer. Rookie mistake, but it happens. "Why does everybody care so much?!" you ask? Because she's stunning! Did you see her? Its like a twisted sister of watching a car crash. She was so beautiful and made absolutely no sense. It was amazing. But I agree, let's move on.
Huff. There's a human where my lungs usually are, and I'm feeling rather out of breath from slouching. Maybe its wishful thinking and I'm really just light headed, but I think I'm tired, so I'm going to try to go back to bed.
It confuses the dogs that I'm not in bed. They keep coming downstairs to check on me, going outside to make sure everything's ok in the yard, and groggily shuffling back to bed, clearly irritated that I have extended their watch shifts into the night.
Since I decided I was tired of tossing in bed, I've searched:"Best rose bushes for cutting"
"how to buy the best rose bushes for cutting"
"Western Gardens"
"Making pillar candles"
"Pillar candle molds"
"Bulk wax"
"Scenting wax"
"Candle fireplace display"
"Spanish-style homes"
"Baby-room decor"
"Decorating with antique ski gear"
and
"Killer calf workout"
So, there you have it. When I'm done gathering the information I need to know how to make my living space nicer in as cheap a way as possible, I look at one thing about getting great-looking calves, get tired, and start typing instead.
Before I came down to kill some time online, I went into G's room and watched her sleep. ...for about 31 seconds before I was afraid I'd wake her by standing there, leaning on her crib. She was tossing so much (its hot) I thought she'd wake up and be freaked out by me just standing there in the dark. She's so perfect and so beautiful I'm at that place where I don't know how I'm going to be able to love another one as much. I know everyone says that though, so, don't worry Russ. We've got you covered, love-wise. It'll all work out.
I decided on an graduation announcement and I'm over the frustration from my last post. Even though, I looked back at it and the one I designed is AWESOME. The one I ordered is cool, in a way that I couldn't have come up with on my own. And by that I mean that I couldn't have thought up yellow and grey together, but really liked it when someone else did.
I'm on the committee for Miss Sandy, of the Miss America Organization, and the pageant in a week from Saturday. Its going to be really fun to see all my little lady friends go on stage and finally do all that we've been preparing. I'm the assistant judges chair-- I get to sit in on the interviews that the contestants have with the judges before the show-- so I get a unique perspective on the outcomes. That being said though, I still NEVER know who's going to win. This is not some virtue of the judging process; it is my total and complete pageant dyslexia. I don't see things right when I watch a pageant. I am so biased toward a good singer or someone with a fantastic walk that I ignore the total vision and am shocked by whoever ends up in the top 3. I end up liking everybody by pageant time (except the ones that spend a bunch of money trying to look like Barbie and not working on a platform, but they never win anyway) so I just assume my closest buddy will take it all, and have been surprised every time.
I'm excited to see how everyone does, because we have a pretty amazing group this year.
I feel bad about what happened to Miss Utah at Miss USA on Sunday, but I'm glad for her that she has gotten to do so much awesome stuff (be on a bunch of HUGE tv shows) as a result of making a classic pageant blunder: letting your nerves take over, and forgetting the question before you finish your answer. Rookie mistake, but it happens. "Why does everybody care so much?!" you ask? Because she's stunning! Did you see her? Its like a twisted sister of watching a car crash. She was so beautiful and made absolutely no sense. It was amazing. But I agree, let's move on.Huff. There's a human where my lungs usually are, and I'm feeling rather out of breath from slouching. Maybe its wishful thinking and I'm really just light headed, but I think I'm tired, so I'm going to try to go back to bed.
Comments
Post a Comment