My Happy Birthday

I am just so happy.
I am so thankful for kind words from unexpected people, and individual texts from every member of my immediate family! This is sortof a feat. I mean, maybe its happened before- in fact, it probably has- but we're all grown ups now, but everybody sent me texts and calls and it means so much to me that they remembered me.
My Hyrum is out of town for work, poor lad. He kissed me goodbye this morning before his trip and missed my whole awesome day. My awesome day consisted of Everythingitalwaysdoes, and then going to pick up my friend Amazing Andrea, grabbing some Zuppas because I can't handle (simply Can. Not. Handle.) waiting in line for food in places that are busy because of a sold-out show, and going to see Odysseo by Cavalia. You've heard of "hangry"? Well.
So, the show was
RIDICULOUS.
and I loved it. I kept making these terribly embarrassing sounds when something would surprise me. "(weird sound) He didn't fall off the horse! I thought he was falling off! Didn't you think he was falling? Sorry, yes, you're right, I'm just so excited!"
This is not that sound that cannot be replicated because of the visceral nature of panic. No, this is more like someone lazily mocking opera. "Aaah!" And it happens out of me predictably when I am surprised- like when Julia Sanders looks like she doesn't see the stopped car in front of her and only at the very last second swerves around this car, and all leave the situation unscathed except for the unfortunate bestowal of this sound onto all in earshot.
I brought a silly number of boxes of theater candy with me to share with Amazing Andrea, who is just enough pregnant, and we had such a wonderful time.
![]() |
| this is not me. it only feels like me. |
HORSES! I just love LOOOOOVE love love the horses. At one point I leaned over to her and I said, "See the one on the inside of these grey ones over here?"
"With the dark mane?"
"Yes. I die for him. I DIE for him."
He looked like this:
Only he was taller. But, I mean, stop it.
However, what a preposterous thing to say.
Anyhoo, Amazing Andrea wouldn't let me cancel our plan to go to the show just because I get pre-buyers-remorse-illness. (I, quite actually, feel sick.)
Angel Jaime made it possible in a different way because- you now that thing of where its the worst thing ever to find a babysitter when your favorite babysitter can't be there? Jaime moved heaven and earth to make sure that somebody was here with my kidlets, and not just somebody responsible enough, but people that like my kids, and whommmm my kids like back. Berkeley was there (she for whom I had been hoping), Nick was there, Jaime wouldda been there if it had been necessary, and Nick's Michelle was there, I got to go out and DO something! Small miracle. Tender mercy. Magic.
Nick told me about the cute things that the kiddos did, with a genuine smile, said he came over early just so he could see them before they went to sleep. Be still my heart. It the most wonderful, when other people love your kids, too, you know?
I came home to my favorite candy from Emily who remembered!!!:

(Now individually wrapped? Come on! now I know how many I've eaten! Agh...)
A note from 3 of my favorite kids ever...
And stories about my kids being cute and tired and going to sleep easily.
Happy lady.
I miss my hubs, but other than that, a really great birthday.
Thanks everybody :) Really.





hahahahahahah my gosh I love you. So glad you had a great day. Wish I coulda been there to see to it!
ReplyDelete