It came too soon/ Its going too quickly
(Whispering) My babies (looking over my shoulder) are both asleep.
Ah-- right on cue. Russ is awake :)
Russ is wonderful. He hasn't been a terrific sleeper but, not a terrible one either. Growth spurts and congestion have each kept him up at night at their respective times, but he slept from 11-4:30 this morning, and then went back to sleep until 9. Of course, Georgia woke up at 5:30, but whose keeping track?
![]() |
| Used to fit |
That toy went into the toy bin for a few months when she lost interest in it, and I pulled out the shell a few times to see if she wanted her hat, but she didn't. Then, a few days ago, she picked up the shell, said "Hat" and put it on her head. It slipped off onto the floor-- and my heart broke.
She's getting so big-- Russ is too. He's fat and solid now, and he moves his hands and arms on purpose... And Georgia's head is too big for the first hat or article of adornment she ever chose for herself. Never mind the fact that she's wearing 'big girl undies" and holding conversations. It hit me when her hat wouldn't fit. She tried several times to get it to stay on, and then handed it to me. She seemed contented by the fact that it doesn't fit my head either, and she promptly moved on with her life. Sigh.
This was the day she wanted to wear her sparkly shoes but did not want to remove her jammies. She then insisted on a walk. Mmm-k... She looks at me like that after her naps sometimes.
RussRuss recently suffered a significant haircut at my behest. Its like he's a different kid. It took a couple of days to love him as much. ;) But he's a LOT cuter now. Yeah I said it. He was a little lizard baby, and now he's fancy-handsome-pants.Thank the heavens... she likes him.
Bath time is the sink is WAY better! My back suffers not-at-all and she gets just as clean. Thank you for that one, Patricia Ann.
Angel.
I just kept laughing every time I saw this, so I thought I'd share.
This is her old car seat and her new baby doll which she callously stole from her cousins. (They left it behind. They will get it back)
Aaaaaaaand the best grandpa anybody ever knew. Anybody else read Calvin and Hobbs? Aw... that just really made me miss Calvin and Hobbs. This is what Calvin looks like when he laughs :)











You need to post more often so I can feel like I know these kids better. Growing up apart from me is just not fair. Miss you!
ReplyDelete