Glitter Girl's Goings On
And so begins the age old anxiety- "Is my kid really going to be the genius I think she is?"
We got this little handout from our pediatrician that has a bunch of physical skills to check off to see, developmentally, if your kid is keeping up. As of her 2 month appointment, G was WAY ahead. We're talking pushing up during tummy time above a 45 degree angle, talking like ka-rayzee... But I got an email from ParentsConnect.com this morning about how my 3 month old "is learning to turn over". Wull what if she isn't...trying to do that...? I'm pretty sure she's fine, but I was enjoying the idea that she was just light years ahead of the developmental expectations of her age group. My bubble has not burst- my kid is a genius. She just likes the places I put her.
*update* She is now trying to roll over. Crisis averted.
Oh and she's self soothing like a champ. Not at the moment, mind you, but the exception proves- is proving- the rule.
I got antsy a while ago and in the midst of our multiplicity of family celebrations in the spring (V-day, G's B-day, Anniversary, My B-day, Hy's B-day, Mother's Day, Fathers Day, in that order), H-dizzle took the opportunity to get us a kid trailer slash jogging stroller, and aboslved us both of having to buy any more presents to celebrate.
Many of you have these, and you're absolutely right. Among the developmental expectations that G has not yet reached, is the skill of solidly sitting up. This is not expected of her for some time to come, but the fact is, we have a trailer for her and I need to get the hizzek out of this hizz-ouse! so we lashed her car seat into it :)
We got this little handout from our pediatrician that has a bunch of physical skills to check off to see, developmentally, if your kid is keeping up. As of her 2 month appointment, G was WAY ahead. We're talking pushing up during tummy time above a 45 degree angle, talking like ka-rayzee... But I got an email from ParentsConnect.com this morning about how my 3 month old "is learning to turn over". Wull what if she isn't...trying to do that...? I'm pretty sure she's fine, but I was enjoying the idea that she was just light years ahead of the developmental expectations of her age group. My bubble has not burst- my kid is a genius. She just likes the places I put her.
*update* She is now trying to roll over. Crisis averted.
Oh and she's self soothing like a champ. Not at the moment, mind you, but the exception proves- is proving- the rule.
I got antsy a while ago and in the midst of our multiplicity of family celebrations in the spring (V-day, G's B-day, Anniversary, My B-day, Hy's B-day, Mother's Day, Fathers Day, in that order), H-dizzle took the opportunity to get us a kid trailer slash jogging stroller, and aboslved us both of having to buy any more presents to celebrate.
Many of you have these, and you're absolutely right. Among the developmental expectations that G has not yet reached, is the skill of solidly sitting up. This is not expected of her for some time to come, but the fact is, we have a trailer for her and I need to get the hizzek out of this hizz-ouse! so we lashed her car seat into it :)
She wasn't that happy about it. But! She was perfectly content once we got going :)
On the warmest April day in 71 years, we attended the Tulip Festival with my mum, who has chosen the moniker, Nana. Cute :) 250,000 tulips are planted each year, then dug up and sold. Amazing. So beautiful. And my baby was a trooper. She spent the whole time in the stroller, sweating at times, the poor thing, but never uttered a peep of discontent. ...and trust that were there discontent, she would peep.
People do all of these cute things in photos to document the growth of their children... like its EASY to be on top of cute little projects(!), so I decided to try a cute mom project and take a picture of her on her Month Days. I made her try to pose for a picture with a huge thing on her head.
She wasn't that happy about it.
But when I took the thing off her head, we were friends again.
Two weeks ago, we went to Florida with my parents- "we" being G-star and I, because Helium couldn't get the time off to go to Orlando and Idaho for the bear hunt that he left for 13 hours before me and the Wee-Babe (Wabe) got back from Florida. Yep. Apart for 2 weeks. It was awful if you must know, but I always enjoy me some Orlando, Florida! Woo! Oh and to answer your question, nope, he didn't get a bear. He and his 2 brothers never even saw a bear. They're off for round 2 next weekend.
Back to Orlando. We attended and enjoyed Magic Kingdom one day...
the pool another day...
the wakeboard park another day...
![]() | |||||||
| and a helicopter ride another day! |
Actually on the Helicopter day, G and I flew home, so she rode in a stroller, a car, a helicopter, a train at the airport, and the plane on the way home. She locomotes like a boss.
So her Month Day is the 28th, and I decided not to dress her like a Jazzersize Build-a-Bear this time, and she was much happier with that.
How beautiful is this kid, really? I'm so stinkin' in love with her that I honestly don't care when it takes 2 hours to get her to decide to finally fall asleep. ...like just now. Not even mad, and I'm not even being sarcastic! I really do just love her guts like the mayor of Crazy Town.
Nana loves her, too. I'm working on a project for the two of them. Details to come after they've received it!












Comments
Post a Comment