Half Way House
20 weeks today... that means that I'm half way... or so... And that is terrifying.
Don't get me wrong, I'm gayer than Christmas to be having a baby, and a girl at that, but I really REALLY enjoy sleeping until I wake up.
Here's my update picture. I'm not sure what's happening with my face. I don't really look pregnant in clothes, so I felt silly posting pictures of myself not looking pregnant out of them. But now its beginning to show a little. I've gained about 10 lbs, and I've posted the picture that emphasizes my love handles because my arms look better in it than the other one I took :) No I LOVE gaining weight for this- I feel ultimately comfortable doing it- why do you ask?
I've been agonizing some about all of the decisions that I have to re-make because baby is not Henry, but Girl. Its not a big deal, but I had it all worked out! I had nothing to start with because I just simply hadn't considered the possibility that I was walking around making a little tiny lady.
The name thing is a BIG DEAL for me. I had decided on a name that I've loved since I was very young and was impressed by a beautiful graceful dark-haired girl named Elena at my school. I even told uncle Barry once that if he wanted to set me up with that nice fellow from his ward, he'd have to check with him that the name Elena was suitable for his first born daughter if it worked out, because I just didn't want to get involved with someone that didn't have the same goals as me. He was fine with the name Elena. I neglected to broach the subject when dating Hyrum.
"Sure," he says, "we could still name her Elena if that's what you really want, but my brother will think of his eve-ille ex-girlfriend every single time anyone says her name. Oh my gosh! And what if she ends up with red hair?! (Uproarious laughter) That would be so funny! Then she would be just like her!" Siiiiiiiiigh... Not to mention the fact that every time I bring it up to most of the family they make this face like I punched them in the mouth with a bad pickle, and then say, "Well you could do that... We would probably forget someday..." I hear you. I do. Once I named her that, they would make a new association with the name. But it is DISHEARTENING to watch your family make awful faces over and over again when you say the possible name of your first born child. I am sad that I just can't make myself get over it and use the name that I love (that is kinda like naming her after me, by the way, as my middle name is Elaine, and putting a Spanish twist on it makes it even more mine), but on the bright side, I wouldn't be able to keep people from calling her Laney, which name I hate, so its not all bad.
I have some other names on the list, and its a short list, on which I have a favorite, but I'm not sharing in case I change my mind. When I thought I was growing a Henry, I almost changed his name right before I found out she's a she, and it would have confused you all terribly. Yes, all 5 of you. So don't start calling her that other name I've been talking about this whole time because that's not her.
I've become obsessed with the idea of decorating her room in peacock blue, green, and purple, and am delighted to find that when I search "peacock baby room" I find nothing even close to what I'm envisioning. Finally something original. And deep contrasts in tone are great for brain development, so I am VERY excited to get started. In the meantime, however, I have a list of things that must get done, the last deadline of which is decorating my fetus' room.
YW Lesson due: Sunday.
Halloween Costumes Due: Next Friday.
Swimsuit for cruise due: A week from Saturday.
Valentines Gala Planning Due: February 12, 2012.
Baby room due: sometime in late February/March.
Don't get me wrong, I'm gayer than Christmas to be having a baby, and a girl at that, but I really REALLY enjoy sleeping until I wake up.
Here's my update picture. I'm not sure what's happening with my face. I don't really look pregnant in clothes, so I felt silly posting pictures of myself not looking pregnant out of them. But now its beginning to show a little. I've gained about 10 lbs, and I've posted the picture that emphasizes my love handles because my arms look better in it than the other one I took :) No I LOVE gaining weight for this- I feel ultimately comfortable doing it- why do you ask?
I've been agonizing some about all of the decisions that I have to re-make because baby is not Henry, but Girl. Its not a big deal, but I had it all worked out! I had nothing to start with because I just simply hadn't considered the possibility that I was walking around making a little tiny lady.
The name thing is a BIG DEAL for me. I had decided on a name that I've loved since I was very young and was impressed by a beautiful graceful dark-haired girl named Elena at my school. I even told uncle Barry once that if he wanted to set me up with that nice fellow from his ward, he'd have to check with him that the name Elena was suitable for his first born daughter if it worked out, because I just didn't want to get involved with someone that didn't have the same goals as me. He was fine with the name Elena. I neglected to broach the subject when dating Hyrum.
"Sure," he says, "we could still name her Elena if that's what you really want, but my brother will think of his eve-ille ex-girlfriend every single time anyone says her name. Oh my gosh! And what if she ends up with red hair?! (Uproarious laughter) That would be so funny! Then she would be just like her!" Siiiiiiiiigh... Not to mention the fact that every time I bring it up to most of the family they make this face like I punched them in the mouth with a bad pickle, and then say, "Well you could do that... We would probably forget someday..." I hear you. I do. Once I named her that, they would make a new association with the name. But it is DISHEARTENING to watch your family make awful faces over and over again when you say the possible name of your first born child. I am sad that I just can't make myself get over it and use the name that I love (that is kinda like naming her after me, by the way, as my middle name is Elaine, and putting a Spanish twist on it makes it even more mine), but on the bright side, I wouldn't be able to keep people from calling her Laney, which name I hate, so its not all bad.
I have some other names on the list, and its a short list, on which I have a favorite, but I'm not sharing in case I change my mind. When I thought I was growing a Henry, I almost changed his name right before I found out she's a she, and it would have confused you all terribly. Yes, all 5 of you. So don't start calling her that other name I've been talking about this whole time because that's not her.
I've become obsessed with the idea of decorating her room in peacock blue, green, and purple, and am delighted to find that when I search "peacock baby room" I find nothing even close to what I'm envisioning. Finally something original. And deep contrasts in tone are great for brain development, so I am VERY excited to get started. In the meantime, however, I have a list of things that must get done, the last deadline of which is decorating my fetus' room.
YW Lesson due: Sunday.
Halloween Costumes Due: Next Friday.
Swimsuit for cruise due: A week from Saturday.
Valentines Gala Planning Due: February 12, 2012.
Baby room due: sometime in late February/March.

Comments
Post a Comment