Super Russell




My mom made the kidlets super hero capes for Christmas.

Carrying Russell up to bed tonight he said, pointing, "Jo-juh.  Womb?"
Me: No, we're going to Russell's room.
Russell: Kay-wee...
Me: Your room is scary?
Russell: Yeah.
Me:  We will plug in a night light so you can see in the night, okay?
Russell:  Okay.
I laid him down and put on his blankets, and plugged in a night light behind his chair so it wouldn't be too bright.  He said thank you (dake-oo)  He pointed to the ceiling at the shadow from the chair and said "Kay-wee.  Bood."
Me: Scary bird?
Russell: Yeah.
Me: That's the shadow from the chair, see? 
I moved the chair so he could see the shadow move.
Russell: Kay-wee.  Wee-wok.
Me: Scary Robot?
Russell: Yeah.  (pause)  Doopah.
Me: You're super?
He nodded.
Me: Yes.  You are super, so if a scary robot comes, you can kill it.
Russell: (making a punching motion) Puhsssssh...
Me: Yeah, you can punch him.
Russell: Doopah.  Wee-wok.
Me: You're super and the robot is super, so you can be super friends.
Russell: (nods) Gitt.  Itt.
Me: You want me to get your super cape?
Russell:  (nods)
Me: With the red and the stars?
Russell: (big smile, and nod)
I went to get his super cape so he would be able to fight the robots if he needed to.  When I came back with it, he said, pointing to his back, "Putt. Itt."
Me: You want me to put it on?
Russell: Yeah. (pause)  Wunn.
Me: You want one?
Russell: (shaking his head)
Me: Run?
He nodded.
Me: You can run all night in your dreams.  Run and run and run with your super robot friend, okay? 
Russell: (little smile) yeah.
He gave me a kiss. told me he loved me ("uh luh-ya you"), and closed his eyes.       

The super cape, is a winner, and a safety net.  Well done, Nanna.  Well done.
 
 

Comments

  1. I love this!! (and I so love hearing Russ's sweet voice in your translations!) Go Nana's superhero cape! What an amazing little man you have.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkins the Goat

It does not get better than this.

School, and the Golden Rule