Not a Creature was Stirring
The babies are both sleeping.
90 minutes ago, I couldn't have said that. 90 minutes ago, both of my children were enthusiastically "crying it out". We are all exhausted, but when they wake up, everybody is going to feel a lot better.
Its been a rough month. I woke up on Thanksgiving with the kind of sore throat that you know isn't kidding around, and I'm... let's see-*sniff, sniff*- yep! breathing clear for the first time since that day. I got some awful virus and it turned into a nasty sinus infection, and I got everyone else sick. Heaven help me, I love kisses.
But today, ahhhh! today... The babies are asleep. I've slept a combined 10ish hours in my bed in the last 2+ weeks, and instead have been half-sleeping in our lazy boy while holding Russ. This brings me back to "crying it out", and my utter bliss that comes from my little ones in peaceful slumber- no matter how forced.
We went to Hawaii as a (Kimsey) family, and it was SUCH a great time! I keep joking that it could have been better only if we had ditched our little bags, but watching Georgia play on the beach with her cousins and seeing Russ take the most peaceful nap he's had in weeks at the beach with a beautiful tropical breeze and the ocean lapping up on the sand was a new kind of precious. If I were wearing a hat I would take it off for my parents who arranged this trip, and give them a deep bow of respect and thanks for all the sacrifice it took to make it happen.
I'm looking forward to Christmas and watching Georgia open presents. I think she might get it this time, for the first time. Tonight she's playing Joseph in our (Kirton) family "Nativity Experience", and I'm sure she'll do a wonderful job. Maybe. I'll be playing Mary, so that "Baby Jesus" (Russ), will be calm and comfortable the whole time. Fingers crossed, anyway. There will be a very loving and proud donkey in the stable with us, as Hyrum fills that very important role.
I'll add pictures when I get them, but both children have just awoken, so my duties as CEO of this household pick up where they left off. The CFO just got home from the Bird, so at least we're in this together. As always :)
Merry Christmas.



Comments
Post a Comment