Blessed Nesting
Aaaaaah.... Nesting. I'm a pretty useless person when it comes to projects and cleanliness and decorating, but when I've got a baby knocking at the door? Well, I can't sit still-- AND I LOVE IT. If only there were a drug for that. Oh, there is, but it will ruin your life while its decorating your house and sending you into debt so... I have to maximize nesting.
I'm tired from fattening up a full sized baby, but I can't sleep during the day. I lay down to rest and my mind races all over all of the things I want to do. Then, I get up and do them. It is like I'm a different person. It is wonderful to be a different person.
This week I finished a list of projects that have been taking up the bottom-left corner of my white board in the kitchen since before Georgia was born. They have been gathering dust all over the house! I covered the couch cushions with a zebra print fabric I bought in an upholstery fabric sale. The fabric is cheap and looks it, and I'll have to do it again when I get better fabric, but I did it.
I hung the pictures I printed and glued onto foam board for the picture wall in our room.
Hyrum helped me hang the drapes I got for our room and I hung the mirror in my bathroom that's been leaning against the wall since he finished remodeling the shower in the late winter of 2011. Yep, that's how useless I am, usually. It took me more than 2 years to hang a mirror. BUT I DID IT!
Now I need a new desk for below the mirror because the one I got is 100% wrong for the space-- I need drawers, not a lift-top desk. What was I thinking? Have I never met me? Jee-hosephat.
Next, when I have the updated stuff I need to download for my digital scrap booking program, I'll put together Georgia's 100 page baby book, which may take me longer than the nesting impulse lasts, but ITS ON SALE as long as I finish before August 20something so I'll totally finish it!
Other things I want to do? Paint two of my chairs. Fabric ones. See how, here.
Tile my upstairs counter tops in pennies-- WHAT?!
Beyond that, I'm going to-- you know, clean out my hoarder-level mess house-- paint my mantle, glaze the kitchen cabinets, paint the kitchen table, paint the living room couch, paint an accent wall in the family room, move in an entertainment center and put up new shelving, plant a cutting flower garden in the back yard, clean out the front yard planter, plant the 200+ bulbs I purchased which will arrive sometime soon, hang the chandelier in the entry to replace the horrible 90's thing there,
make house numbers out of broken colored tile, build new light fixtures for the kids rooms out of mason jars, and make a new duvet cover for our bed because *someone* has razor toenails and ours has given up the ghost.
How long does Nesting last, again? And I can't take drugs while I'm breastfeeding... hmmm....
This is what we were up to this weekend, after I put down my projects:
That's all for now, folks!
I'm tired from fattening up a full sized baby, but I can't sleep during the day. I lay down to rest and my mind races all over all of the things I want to do. Then, I get up and do them. It is like I'm a different person. It is wonderful to be a different person.
This week I finished a list of projects that have been taking up the bottom-left corner of my white board in the kitchen since before Georgia was born. They have been gathering dust all over the house! I covered the couch cushions with a zebra print fabric I bought in an upholstery fabric sale. The fabric is cheap and looks it, and I'll have to do it again when I get better fabric, but I did it.
I hung the pictures I printed and glued onto foam board for the picture wall in our room.
Hyrum helped me hang the drapes I got for our room and I hung the mirror in my bathroom that's been leaning against the wall since he finished remodeling the shower in the late winter of 2011. Yep, that's how useless I am, usually. It took me more than 2 years to hang a mirror. BUT I DID IT!
Now I need a new desk for below the mirror because the one I got is 100% wrong for the space-- I need drawers, not a lift-top desk. What was I thinking? Have I never met me? Jee-hosephat.
Next, when I have the updated stuff I need to download for my digital scrap booking program, I'll put together Georgia's 100 page baby book, which may take me longer than the nesting impulse lasts, but ITS ON SALE as long as I finish before August 20something so I'll totally finish it!
Other things I want to do? Paint two of my chairs. Fabric ones. See how, here.
Tile my upstairs counter tops in pennies-- WHAT?!
Beyond that, I'm going to-- you know, clean out my hoarder-level mess house-- paint my mantle, glaze the kitchen cabinets, paint the kitchen table, paint the living room couch, paint an accent wall in the family room, move in an entertainment center and put up new shelving, plant a cutting flower garden in the back yard, clean out the front yard planter, plant the 200+ bulbs I purchased which will arrive sometime soon, hang the chandelier in the entry to replace the horrible 90's thing there,
make house numbers out of broken colored tile, build new light fixtures for the kids rooms out of mason jars, and make a new duvet cover for our bed because *someone* has razor toenails and ours has given up the ghost.
How long does Nesting last, again? And I can't take drugs while I'm breastfeeding... hmmm....
This is what we were up to this weekend, after I put down my projects:
![]() |
| What I usually look like while surfing |
![]() |
| What I look like when having a contraction while surfing |
![]() |
| Almost there. 4 weeks to go. |
| |
| Georgia and Wendy on the boat. That kid loves the water and doesn't even mind her life preserver. She's just a miracle. |











Comments
Post a Comment