Today's Projects
Today I went to Home Depot and wandered around for over an hour trying to pick up all of the things I need for all of the silly projects that I've decided I must do but never do because making a trip to Home Depot just for glue is ridiculous. After that hour and 15 minutes or so, I left with a lot of stuff, but not the paint primer I went for. Sigh. So I dropped everything else off at home, grabbed my wallet (I have a gift card to HD) and left again, this time for Walmart, where primer is cheaper.
This is what I was priming. Hooray! Now, I maybe should have waited until I have some finished product pictures but I was just so dang excited. One of the things I DID get at HD was antique gold accent paint for the dresser and bedside table- both for Georgia's room. So I dragged the dresser down our stairs and hefted the (significantly weighty) bedside table into the garage and primed away. This was perhaps ill-advised. But my baby websites insist that weight lifting is good for me in my buxom state. Anyhow I thought that gold would go on better over white than than deep brown so I painted the accent stripes and am VERY excited at how they look. Everything that is white will be dark dark brown. I hope the gold still looks good with that. How will it turn out???
My other project today was my hobnob cake plate. I got this cake plate and dome when we got married. When I registered for it, I said aloud, "This is going to break. But its SO pretty..." Well it broke. The top did anyway, and now I have just the plate. Its somewhat dull looking without the dome, and I decided I would make a little something out of it. The guy that helped me like 5 times at HD today directed me to self adhesive vinyl beads that are used to keep doors from slamming and counter things from slipping, and also to glass glue, which is dishwasher safe. Other Guy who helped a little too, suggested fish tank glass as it is very inexpensive. So when I was at Walmart after my failed attempt at procuring primer, I was waddling past the fish aisle and sashayed in (it wasn't a good moment for a pivot) and found a lovely bag of aqua glass things for less than 2 bucks! Way to go Other Guy! So I ended up gluing both the glass and the vinyl beads, as the self adhesive doesn't adhese well to glass. But much to my pleasure, the glass glue worked very very well on all parts of the craft. So there you go. I have a new quirky cake plate. And that was my day. :)

I'm pretty impressed with your nesting-busy-body all-the-crap-all-over-the-frickin'-place lately. You're getting all ready. She'll be here so soon. Awesome stuff.
ReplyDeleteHaha :) Thanks. Me too, I guess, because I keep blogging about it ;)
ReplyDelete